MHS Ultimate Info/Waiver
CLICK HERE for a cleaner, shorter copy to print off and sign. Please print, sign (and parent's sign) and bring to your first practice. Thanks!
Manhattan High Ultimate Club/ AMS Clinic Waiver & Parental Consent:
What is Ultimate??
Ultimate combines the non-stop movement and athletic endurance of soccer with the aerial passing skills of football. A game of Ultimate is played by two seven-player squads with a Frisbee on a field similar to football. The object of the game is to score by catching a pass in the opponent’s end zone. A player must stop running while in possession of the disc, but may pivot and pass to any of the other receivers on the field. Ultimate is a transition game in which players move quickly from offense to defense on turnovers that occur with a dropped pass, an interception, or a pass out of bounds. Ultimate is governed by Spirit of the Game™, a tradition of sportsmanship that places the responsibility for fair play on the players rather than referees.
If you want get reminders about games/practices, please text ‘@mhsult’ to 81010
or visit website http://remind.com/join/mhsult
What to bring: water, cleats, a white and a dark shirt. A snack if you need it. Bring a friend!
Practice: Wednesdays NW corner of City park. 3:30-5pm
1st practice is Sept 5th.
We have practice 6 wks in the fall (Sept/Oct) & 6 wks in the spring (April/May)
Games: (tentative) Parents are encouraged to attend practices and games if possible.
- Sept 19th Wed 3:30-5pm, Scrimmage vs FHCS, pick-up at FHCS at 5pm (TBD)
- Sept 21st, Friday 4-6pm Rec fields Smith House Scrimmage
- Sept 24th Monday 7-9pm Old Memorial Stadium, scrimmage KSU rookies
- Oct 6/7th TMP, 8am-3:30pm. Possible HS division on Sat or compete in college division both days. TBD
- Possible other mini HS tourney, TBD. or another Smith House scrimmage
What if it rains: We will practice as long as there’s no lightning or severe weather. I will contact team using “remind.com” (see above) if practice or games are canceled.
Shawn Kokenge, USA Ultimate certified coach
firstname.lastname@example.org cell 785-532-9854 or
Josh Manning email@example.com , cell 785-410-1283
(keep this page)
Print participant’s name here:___________________________________________________________
Please read the following waiver carefully:
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
In consideration myself or my son/daughter named below (the “Player”) being permitted to participate in any activity organized, administered or sponsored by the Manhattan High Ultimate Club and/or USD#383, I agree or the minor and the undersigned parent or guardian each agree that:
1. I (""Player"") understand the nature of the MHUC activities and I believe myself to be qualified to participate in such Activity. I further acknowledge that I am aware the activity will be conducted in facilities open to the public during the Activity. I further agree and warrant that if at any time I believe conditions to be unsafe, I will immediately discontinue further participation in the Activity.
2. I FULLY UNDERSTAND that:(a) MHUC Activities involve risks and dangers of SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY, BLINDNESS, PARALYSIS AND DEATH (""Risks""); (b) these Risks and dangers may be caused by my own actions, or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Activity, the condition in which the Activity takes place, or THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE ""RELEASEES"" NAMED BELOW; (c) there may be other risks and social and economic losses either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS AND DAMAGES incurred as a result of my Participation in the Activity.
3. I HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, CONVENANT NOT TO SUE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS MHUC, MHUC coaches & sponsor, USD#383,City of Manhattan, Kansas State University, their respective administrators, directors, agents, officers, volunteers, and employees, other participants, any sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and leaser of premises on which the Activity takes place (each considered one of the ""Releasees"" herein) from all liability, claims, demands, losses, or damages on the ""Player"" account caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the ""Releasees"" or otherwise, including negligent rescue operations and further agree that if despite this release, I, the Player, or anyone on the Player's behalf makes a claim against any of the Releasees named above, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASEES FROM ANY LITIGATION EXPENSES, ATTORNEY FEES, LOSS LIABILITY, DAMAGE, OR COST ANY MAY INCUR AS THE RESULT OF ANY SUCH CLAIM. I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY AGREEING TO IT AND HAVE AGREED FREELY AND WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT OF ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE AND INTEND IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOW BY THE LAW AND AGREE THAT IF ANY PORTION OF THIS AGREEMENT IS HELD TO BE INVALID THAT THE BALANCE, NOTWITHSTANDING, SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT.
4. For minors and parents of minors:
I, being the parent or legal guardian of the minor named below, agree to permit the minor to Participate in Manhattan High Ultimate Club. I furthermore, give permission to Manhattan High Ultimate Club authorized representative to act in my absence to authorize members of the medical profession to treat injuries incurred during activities.
I agree to the above waiver (player’s signature) __________________________________________________
Parent/Guardian signature and date ___________________________________________________________
Parent/Guardian email _____________________________________________________________________
Guardian Phone number in case of emergency
(turn in this page)